Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Running with a purpose...


I used to run for my health, to keep stress levels down (oh, we know we need it) and for "fun". Now, I'm running for a bigger purpose and that's giving strength to stand up and go... 

I twisted my ankle this past Saturday when I was going in my 20 mile run... I did only 18...  I was going to give myself a "break" before the half marathon that I have on Sunday this weekend, but when I saw in the news that once again drugs cartels and violence are taking my beautiful poor country (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-18015298). I couldn't do anything else but go and run again... 

I can't do much to help stop what is going on in Honduras. But, something that I can do, and I will do... I will run for "OYE" and help them keep youngsters in school, so that they don't get involved with this chain of violence that is now wrapped around my country. They too can "fly"... with just a little help.

This is a appeal for all of you who can to donate to do so (even a little amount will help "OYE").  

If you want to learn more about OYE, please visit http://www.oyehonduras.org/


1 comment:

  1. Beautiful post Adela...we hope your ankle is feeling better!

    ReplyDelete